Calling all digital nomads! Canada wants your talents and is rolling out the red carpet for remote workers like you. In June 2023, they launched the Tech Talent Strategy, specifically aiming to attract skilled individuals who can work from anywhere in the world. This post is your one-stop guide to navigating the exciting world of living and working remotely in Canada as a digital nomad.
No Work Visa Needed? It’s True!
First things first: you don’t need a work visa to work remotely in Canada for up to six months. That’s right! As long as you’re employed by a company outside of Canada and your job allows you to be location-independent, you can simply apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Think of it as a ticket to experience the Canadian dream while earning a living in your pajamas.
Requirements for Canada Digital Nomad Visa
You can live and work in Canada as a digital nomad for up to 6 months at a time, even without a work visa. Here’s what you need:
- You must be employed by a company outside of Canada.
- Your job must be done entirely online or remotely. Think things like freelance writing, programming, or online marketing.
- You genuinely want to experience Canada and immerse yourself in its culture.
- No Work Permit Needed: As a digital nomad, you can ditch the paperwork! Canada welcomes remote workers to live and work there for up to 6 months without a work permit.
- Simple Visa Process: Apply for a Visitor Visa, and you’re good to go. No need for job offers or income thresholds.
- Connect with other digital nomads and professionals in Canada’s thriving tech scene.
- If you fall in love with Canada and find a job opportunity, you can easily transition to a work permit without leaving the country.
Canada Digital Nomad Visa Processing Time
Get your Visitor Visa application approved in as little as 2 months! If you’re having a blast, you can extend your Visitor Visa for up to 6 months at a time.
- 10+ Universities in Canada that accept 2.2 & HND for Masters and Graduate Studies
- How to Bring Someone to Canada as Dependent of an International Student
- 10 high-paying part-time jobs for international students in Canada 2024
- What is Canada eTA, How to apply, eligible countries – Travel to Canada without Visa
- Canada Work Visa for Nigerians, requirements, how to apply
How to Apply for Canada Digital Nomad Visa
As of now, the Canadian government hasn’t released all the details about the application process. However, based on the current information available, it seems that digital nomads and remote workers can apply for the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) since they typically only need visitor status.
To apply for the TRV, you’ll want to visit the official Canadian government website. They have a separate section dedicated to digital nomads, making it easier for you to navigate the application process, see screenshot below.
Read more about Canada Digital Nomad Visa Here!